The July 1 issue of the Accords bilatéraux et diversité culturelle newsletter is now online.
This issue reports on and analyzes two important issues: the implementation of the Convention on the Diversity of Cultural Expressions, and the protection of intellectual property and the AntiCounterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA). Following is a summary:
"The effectiveness and implementation of the Convention on the Diversity of Cultural Expressions
- The International Fund for Cultural Diversity
- The relationship between the Fund and cultural cooperation programs
- Industries in developing countries and the Cultural Cooperation Protocol
- Appropriate policies for promoting cultural diversity
- Cultural policies in the context of the digital revolution
The political stakes of ACTA, its objectives, and repercussions"
Accords bilatéraux et diversité culturelle is produced by CEIM (Centre d’études sur l’intégration et la mondialisation) for the International Organization of La Francophonie (OIF).