Summary of the results from the 10th ordinary session of the Intergovernmental Committee
The 10th ordinary session of the Intergovernmental Committee on the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions was held December 12 to 15, 2016, at UNESCO headquarters in Paris.
Here are the main results:
- Draft operational guidelines on the implementation of the Convention in the digital environment
- Adoption of draft operational guidelines
- Submission of the draft in June 2017 by the Convention Secretariat to the Conference of Parties for approval
- The International Fund for Cultural Diversity
- Financial support from the International Fund for Cultural Diversity (IFCD) for six projects
- Implementation, by the Secretariat, of 2017 fundraising and communication activities for the third phase of the IFCD fundraising strategy
- Acknowledgement of all donors who supported the IFCD in 2016 and encouragement of the Parties to support the Fund with a voluntary annual contribution equal to at least 1% of their total contribution to UNESCO
- UNESCO director general’s 2017 launch of a new call for contributions from all parties
- Quadrennial periodic reporting
- The Intergovernmental Committee has reviewed 31 quadrennial periodic reports.
- A number of Parties will submit their first or second quadrennial periodic reports in 2017.
A report on the decisions adopted during the Committee’s 10th session is available in English and French on the UNESCO website.