New documents concerning the Convention on the Diversity of Cultural Expressions now available on the UNESCO website
As part of the fourth meeting of the Intergovernmental Committee (IGC) in Paris from November 29 to December 3, new documents have been posted on UNESCO's Convention website including
- The webcast of the Opening Ceremonies, hosted by Irina Bokova, Director General of UNESCO where some of the founding fathers and mothers were invited to share their reflections on some of the milestones achieved to date. Distinguished guests included
- Mr. Gilbert Laurin, Chairperson of the first and second IGC (2007–2008) and of the second Conference of Parties (2009). Mr. Laurin is former Ambassador of Canada to UNESCOM.
- Ms. Vera Lacoeuilhe, Chairperson of the second extraordinary IGC and the third IGC (2009). Ms. Lacoeuilhe is Minister Counsellor, Deputy Permanent Delegate of St. Lucia to UNESCO.
- Ms. Nina Obuljen, Chairperson of the fourth IGC (2010). Ms. Obuljen is Croatian Secretary of State for Culture.
- Un Online resource hub providing access to resources on creative and cultural industries worldwide. Numerous reports, studies, inquiries, and maps are available in their original languages.
- As part of the Information session "Cultural expressions: Innovative Approaches and Data Collection Tools," professors Françoise Benhamou of Université Paris-XIII and Henrik Van der Pol, Director of the UNESCO Institute for Statistics, presented their studies, entitled " The justification and methodology for measuring the diversity of cultural expressions" and "2009 UNESCO Framework for Cultural Statistics," respectively.