Summary of results from the 11th Ordinary Session of the Intergovernmental Committee
The eleventh ordinary session of the Intergovernmental Committee on the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions was held December 12 to 15, 2017, at UNESCO headquarters in Paris.
Future activities of the Committee
- Presentation by the Secretariat, at the twelfth session of the Committee, of an open roadmap for the implementation of the operational guidelines respecting cultural diversity in the digital environment.
Report of civil society on its activities
- Recommendations and proposals from civil society reports taken into account in the Committee’s discussions on future activities for 2018–2019.
- Invitation to Parties to involve civil society in policy development and implementation at the national level.
International Fund for Cultural Diversity (IFCD)
- Reminder to the Parties to make regular, voluntary contributions to the IFCD equalling at least 1% of their total contributions to the UNESCO budget.
- Financial support from IFCD for seven projects.
Quadrennial periodic reports
- Submission to the twelfth session of the Committee of a draft revision of the operational guidelines on Article 9 – Information Sharing and Transparency, including the Framework for Periodic Reports and the section on supplementary data, information, and statistics.
Election of the members of the Bureau of the 12th session of the Committee :
- Election of Anwar Moghith (Egypt) as Chair of the Committee; Mélanie Afferi (Ivory Coast) as Rapporteur of the Committee; and Canada, China, Colombia, and Slovakia as Vice-Chairs of the Committee.
Read all the decisions of the Intergovernmental Committee for the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions (UNESCO website).