Inauguration of the UNESCO Chair on Cultural Policy and Cultural Diplomacy
The new UNESCO Chair on Cultural Policy and Cultural Diplomacy was launched on September 21, 2018, at Turkey's Istanbul Bilgi University.
The Chair has the following objectives:
- Contribute to existing projects of local and international cultural institutions with a view to promoting international cooperation and dialogue in the field of culture
- Undertake efforts that will support international cooperation among stakeholders and civil society with a view to preserving and promoting the diversity of cultural expressions
- Foster capacity-building in developing countries and support existing international networks with a view to promoting participatory culture policies;
- Cooperate with UNESCO and other UNESCO Chairs working in similar fields
- Promote the dissemination and exchange of research findings in cultural policy and cultural diplomacy